Thursday, February 4, 2010

Calling All Fiber Friends!

Have you heard of "Afghans for Afghans?" I know some of my knitting/blogging friends have been making blankets and sweaters for this worthy cause, but I have never participated, up until now......

On Facebook, I am a "fan" of Lion Brand Yarns. Yesterday, they posted an update asking for contributions for the Afghans for Afghans - Youth Campaign 2010. You can learn more about it by clicking on this link. Hats, mittens, afghans, sweaters, and vests are needed for children in Afghanistan. So here's a call to all my fiber friends: Can you help? We have only until March 1st, but I'm sure anything you can knit or crochet between now and then will be greatly appreciated. I already have sock and mitten patterns picked out and an abundant supply of wool yarn to choose from, so I'm off to start knitting.

Stay tuned for updates and photos of completed projects!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be watching and waiting for the finished products of Afghans for Afghans. Sounds like a very worthy cause and much needed.

MOM

RuthieJ said...

Thanks Mom. Found a pair of mittens in the closet that I started an unknown number of years ago and got them done; also started a pair of socks on Friday and finished them this afternoon.