Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Double Chocolate Cookies - A Recipe

Today was my regular Wednesday off. At 7 AM, the outside temp was -5 degrees so I decided it would be a good day to stay indoors for knitting, movie watching and cookie baking. Last week I found a recipe for Double Chocolate Cookies on the back of a bag of Crystal Sugar and decided to try that out today. I think these cookies turned out pretty darn good and if you're interested in trying out this recipe for yourself or your favorite "test subjects," I've written it down below.

DOUBLE CHOCOLATE COOKIES

1-1/4 cups sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
(obviously I used white chocolate chips)

Cream sugar and butter; beat in egg and vanilla. Beat in flour, cocoa and baking soda on low speed. Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 to 11 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.

Yield: 3 dozen cookies

8 comments:

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

drooling here....

Kelly said...

....I'm drooling too......and there's no chocolate around. I wish I could just pluck one (or 5) of these off the screen. I think I'll give this recipe a try....

Gaelyn said...

More drool.... I'm not much of a baker, do you deliver?

Mama Pea said...

Very cruel post for someone who is trying to cut out all eating between meals but is really very hungry right now at 3:31. Obviously, my apple slices with peanut butter did NOT do the trick for lunch.

(Geesh, I can almost smell them!)

P.S. You were colder than us this morn. We had a low of 0°.

KGMom said...

YUM--good they have not perfected the smell feature on the Internet as yet.
;-)

Anonymous said...

You mean I have to make my own cookies?

MOM

troutbirder said...

Oh my. That looks so yummy!

RuthieJ said...

Hi Lynne,
Even the unbaked cookie dough was good!

Hi Kelly,
I really not a chocoholic, but this recipe will definitely satisfy any chocolate cravings you have!

Hi Gaelyn,
If it's above 65 degrees and sunny where you are right now, I would definitely consider personal delivery! (but you might be stuck with me then for a few weeks until it warms up in Minnesota....)

Sorry Mama Pea, didn't mean to torture you. I made them early in the day so I could count them as late breakfast food instead of a between meal snack!

You got that right Donna because they really did smell delicious (there's no better smell on a cold, winter day)

Hi Mom,
I'll be sure to save some cookies from the next batch for you and Dad.

Hi Ray,
On the way to my mom & dad's, do you want me to drop some cookies off at your place too?