Thursday, June 7, 2007

Takin' It Easy

We were very fortunate today and missed out on all the bad thunderstorms with heavy rains, hail and tornado sightings (look out, Ruth, they're heading towards Ontario!). It was really windy all day and we have had sustained winds in the 25-30 mph range with several gusts near 50 mph. It was so windy the grackles couldn't even hang on the tube feeder, so it's still almost half-full. The weatherman is predicting things will calm down tomorrow.

Here's Sophie and Daisy enjoying a spot in the sun while we were watching the news. They're such good girls!

This is a short post today. I'm casting off the last few stitches on my shawl, so I'm anxious to get it finished tonight and then get it washed and blocked tomorrow. Watch for shawl pictures sometime this weekend.

4 comments:

Larry said...

RuthieJ-I've got to catch up on your blog-You are a fast poster.-I'll be back!

Ruth said...

Yes, we are anticipating the storms coming from your direction. The dog will hiding in the bathtub all day as soon as he senses a storm coming.
ruth

Jayne said...

Glad you all dodged the storms Ruthie. Thanks for your kind comments on my blog post today. I have added you to my bookmarks. :c) Have a great weekend.

Mary said...

Ruthie, we got the same storm last night but not as severe.

Your doges are the kind I like. Quiet!