Saturday, November 17, 2007

Book Cover Meme

In the last week, I saw that both Susie and Meggie have done the posts about the "Book Cover Meme" where there is only one rule: Go to the advanced book search on Amazon, type your first name into the Title field, and post the most interesting/amusing cover that shows up. Susie and Meggie came up with really cute book covers.

So being the naturally curious person that I am, I decided it would be fun to try this too and here's the book cover I thought was the best, since I like foxes and the little outfit she's wearing looks like something I might have worn in kindergarten or first grade.


And since the search revealed several pages of books featuring "Ruthie" somewhere in the title, here are some other interesting ones I found:

I really like the looks of the afghan on the cover of this one, so I'll maybe go back and put one of those in my shopping cart.....one can never have too many pattern books!


But the most favorite item I found was this "I Love Ruthie" t-shirt (do you suppose I could get my spousal unit to wear one of these? It's a bargain at only $16.99 and actually comes in the XXL size that he wears)


So if you ever run out of ideas about what to post in your blog some day, try this fun little meme and see what book titles are available featuring your name.....just for kicks and giggles.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should make up some "I love Ruthie" T-shirts for the blog!!! :)

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Interesting meme. I might look for my name sometime. You have such a cheerful, youthful sounding name no wonder it is used in childrens books a lot.

I can't knit or crochet a stitch. I love the yarns and the outcome of such projects.

Jayne said...

How fun! Off to Amazon I go!

Robin (Bumblebee) said...

Well, it's probably no surprise that I get lots of Robin comics (as in Batman and Robin). I sure wish I had thought of the Robin Halloween costume when I was younger though--and would go in public with just some skimpy tights.

--Robin (Bumblebee)

Anonymous said...

Funny little blog about Ruthie books, brought a smile to my face, very cute and entertaining.
I would order that t-shirt for Rick and give it to him for Christmas and take a picture of him wearing it.
MOM

Mary said...

Hey, I like this! I'll try it.

Regarding the T-shirt? Ain't my spousal unit's style - no way, no how! LOL!

RuthieJ said...

Hi Mon@rch,
The version of the t-shirt I'd have printed would be "I Love Ruthie's Jelly" with a piece of toast & grape jelly instead of the heart

Hi Lisa,
I probably have at least 15 afghan pattern books already, but it's always fun to collect 1 more.

Hi Jayne,
Be sure and post your search results!

Hi Robin,
I suppose people called you Robin Hood too? When I was little, Ruthie Toothie was my nickname-UGH!!

Hi Mom,
If I got that t-shirt for Rick, I'm sure Christmas is the only time he'd wear it and I'm sure he'd be making a goofy face on the picture. It would be better if I got a small one for Sophie! LOL

Hi Mary,
You're right about that--he might have worn it when we first got married, but after all these years, I think I'd be pushing my luck!! :-D

Anonymous said...

Where can I order one of those shirts??? I MUST have one!

Cathy said...

Those children's books are SO CUTE! OK, I gotta do this. Thanks, Ruthie:0)

Maud said...

Ahh, very entertaining! You put a smile on my face! The fox is priceless, love her!

RuthieJ said...

Oh Sissy, you are a silly girl!

Have fun Cathy, I can't wait to see what your search results in!

Hi Maud,
Glad you enjoyed the post. For me this has been the year of the fox as I've seen many more than in previous years.

Owlman said...

Thanks for the comments on my blog - much appreciated. I will definitely look into your ideas on bird calls. I am TERRIBLE at bird calls. The other day I ran around the garden looking for an amazing sounding bird to find out it was Carolina Wren.... Nice bird, but not what I expected!

Minnesota seems like a great area for bird watching, especially with all the owls around - enjoy. BTW, not sure if you're an NFL supporter, just in case: how about those Packers?

RuthieJ said...

Hey Owlman,
Welcome to my blog.

I wouldn't know a Carolina Wren either. I've heard they occasionally visit Minnesota, but I have yet to see one.

My spousal unit is a Vikings fan, but I always cheer for the Packers (I noticed your cap right away!). The Pack is looking pretty good this year--definitely way better than those Vikes!

Susie said...

Hi Ruthie,
Wasn't this a fun (and easy!) little meme! Thanks for the linky :)
That t shirt is oh so cute!!
xo