1. List 12 random things about yourself that have to do with Christmas.
2. Please refer to it as a 'hoopla' and not the dreaded 'm'-word. I suppose that refers to the 'M'eme list.
3. You have to specifically tag people when you're done. None of this "if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged" stuff is allowed...then nobody ends up actually doing it. The number of people you tag is really up to you -- but the more, the merrier to get this 'hoopla' circulating through the blogosphere.
4. Please try and do it as quickly as possible.
1. I love the Bing Crosby version of "White Christmas."
2. I hate that Christmas has become so commercialized.
3. I would love to take a week off before Christmas to stay home and enjoy getting all my Christmas stuff done: baking, cards, decorating, etc.
4. When we were little my Mom sewed matching Christmas outfits for me and my sister and I ended up ripping the tie on my blouse at the Christmas pageant at church--Mom was pretty mad.
5. For the past several years, I have always made a batch of homemade lefsa for Christmas dinner.
6. The worst Christmas gift my husband ever gave me was a shotgun.
7. The best Christmas gift my husband ever gave me was a pair of diamond stud earrings (I wear them every day)
8. I love eggnog (the stuff you buy in the dairy case at the grocery store).
9. I used to have real Christmas trees, but got tired to having to secure them because every cat I've ever had has insisted on climbing up them and tipping them over.
Can you see Penny in the tree? (And the 2 brown lines running out of the tree above and below Penny are the yarn I used to secure the tree to the railing so it doesn't tip over)10. The biggest monetary Christmas bonus I ever received was $1000.
11. I usually compose and print a Christmas letter every year (but haven't started a letter or even cards yet this year)
12. I actually like fruitcake.
I know everyone's busy right now, but I would like to "tag" Mary at "Mary's View" and Trixie at "Trixie's View" to play the Christmas Hoopla game. Come on, ladies, do you have time to play???