Monday, February 25, 2008

Thank You Susan

Ooh, I'm so happy! Today in my mailbox, the package containing my beaded lanyard from Susan finally arrived. And it's so beautiful!
When Susan asked what colors I would like I told her blue and purple, or anything she had in her bead box. She wrote back and told me she had lots of blue and purple beads (lucky me!) It matches really well with my snowy owl t-shirt, don't you think?

Here are some close-up details of some of the special beads Susan used.

I love these little cobalt blue beads with birds in them. Susan said she did a "happy dance" at the bead store when she found these and I can understand why.

How about this cute little bead? You wouldn't find something special like that on a "made in China" beaded lanyard!

But wait.....there's more! Included in the package was this neat little zipper pull. And look at the special bead she added to this one too.
I have a black fleece vest that I wear at work (because I'm usually cold). I was just looking at the zipper today and thinking to myself that I should make a colorful zipper pull to add to this vest. How DID Susan know I needed one of these also?

Thank you Susan, from the bottom of my heart! I absolutely love them and will wear your beautiful creations proudly.

13 comments:

Susan Gets Native said...

You are most welcome, Ruth.
We all really need to start a trading thing. It's so much fun, and so neat to get something handmade.

Anonymous said...

Ruth, how exciting and such a great lanyard for sure! I love the little birdie beads!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Aren't you just going to be the envy at work. You are here in blogdom too.

Mary said...

Susan does great bead work! I love it. Wear it proudly, Ruthie!

Meggie said...

Great beads, Ruthie. You will most certainly be a hit at work.

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Ooooh....lanyard envy! It's beautiful.

word verification: twoked

entoto said...

Ohhh...you girls are rockin' the handmade. Your fingerless mitts are lovely (and comfy), Susan's work is so sparkly and pretty. I love to share stuff like this.

Cathy said...

I didn't know Susan had this talent in addition to all the other neat things she does.

Beautiful. You're going to get more compliments.

KGMom said...

Ooo it is lovely.
And thanks, Ruthie, for sharing.

RuthieJ said...

Thanks everyone. I am a jewelry FREAK and this beautiful beaded lanyard certainly satisfied my craving for another piece of jewelry, plus it's functional and, therefore the addition of more jewelry is justified!

Windyridge said...

How lovely. You are very lucky to have such a friend.

Larry said...

That's really nice stuff! My sister-in law is really into that-she has parties and whatnot to sell it.-Nice designs!

Mel said...

Beautiful!!!