Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Next Knitting Class

I hope you all had a Happy Halloween. We had 7 little goblins for the evening. That means there will be some of the Little Debbie rice krispie treats left over for me!

I saw the first commercial with a Christmas theme on television last evening during the news (something about a teeth whitener so you'll have a brighter smile by Christmas). I guess since Halloween's over now, we will start getting bombarded by Christmas promotions. I'm already seeing quite a few holiday items in the stores, but I'm sure the retailers will be "kicking it up a notch" very soon.

If you're one of those people who enjoys making your own holiday gifts, you know how important it is to get an early start so you can have those gifts completed in time (and not have to get up at 4 AM that week before Christmas and knit like a fiend to finish a sweater for your sister-in-law, as I did one year). This month I will be teaching 3 different 2-hour knitting classes so people can knit up some gifts for friends and family. This Saturday, my students will learn to make a Mini Christmas Stocking.


So if any of you knitters are in the Rochester area this Saturday, I would welcome you to join my class!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Knitting class sounds like a fun one, little stockings. Do you think maybe they would fit Ethan-Jon? A little ribbon around the ankle to hold them in place, I think that would be cute, just like a little bootie.
MOM

Susie said...

So cute :)
I just saw a counter on another site that said Christmas was 53 days away!
It will fly by..
xo

entoto said...

Those look fun! Wish I were in the area, I'd sign up.

RuthieJ said...

Hi Mom,
I think this stocking would be too big for Ethan yet....I'll have to check my patterns and see if I can find some holiday things to knit for him....I know I have a little elf hat pattern that would be pretty cute.

Oh Susie, only 53 days (just a little over 7 weeks!) Where has the time gone this year??

Hi Trixie,
They knit up pretty fast too. I have several patterns from Nancy Lindberg (she's lives right here in Minnesota). Maybe your local yarn shop stocks some of her patterns??

Meggie said...

Hey Ruth! I don't ever get trick or treaters but bought a bag of Kit Kats anyway. Hmmm....guess who's eating them all...only 2 left! The stockings are adorable. Good luck with the class. You sound like an enthusiastic instructor.

Marsha said...

What a cute little stocking...

Good luck with your classes!

Robin (Bumblebee) said...

Once again, no trick-or-treaters for us. That makes 7 years in a row. Guess...I'll...just..have to eatallthatcandymyself (munch, munch, munch).

--Robin (Bumblebee)

Mary said...

They are sweet, those little stockings. Would be great for pets, i.e. Bella, Chloe, Bam-Bam, Nala, and Mr. Biggins, but they get more for Christmas than I...

Hope your class goes well and you have FUN!

RuthieJ said...

Hi Meggie,
It's good to be prepared for goblins just in case! And besides, those Kit Kats never spoil anyway, do they? ;-)

Hi Marsha,
They are cute and pretty quick to knit up....sometimes it's hard to come up with a pattern that we can get almost done in 2 hours!

Hi Robin,
You go girl! And are you like me....just buying the treats you like so you're pretty much guaranteed to having them all to yourself?

Hi Mary,
They would make excellent dog stockings! Sophie lets me put clothes on her, but Daisy wrestles them off as quick as I put them on. Silly dogs (or is it silly people?)