Tuesday, May 29, 2007

No Inspiration

I kept waiting to be struck with some sort of inspiration for a fabulous blog posting for today, but nothing's happened.

Someone at work e-mailed me a really cute movie of dogs doing silly things and I wanted to share it with you, but I don't know how to add movies to my blog.

The last of my brain power was used up on these peanut butter & chocolate chip cookies.

Here's the recipe:

1 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
Granulated sugar

(that's right, no butter or flour!)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine peanut butter, brown sugar and egg in medium bowl until well blended. Add chocolate chips to the dough and mix well. Roll heaping tablespoonfuls of dough into 1-1/2 inch balls. Place dough balls about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Dip table fork into granulated sugar. Press sugar-coated tines of fork in crisscross fashion onto each ball, flattening to 1/2-inch thickness. Repeat dipping fork into granulated sugar to prevent it from sticking to dough. Bake cookies on middle oven rack until set, about 12 minutes. Let cookies stand on baking sheets for 2 minutes. Remove cookies with spatula to wire racks and let cool completely.

Yield: about 2 dozen cookies (depending on how much dough you eat before baking!)

If you're going to a potluck or just need to make a quick batch of cookies for a treat, these are really good....nice and soft. They won't last long!

5 comments:

Larry said...

Ruth-Blogging is hard work some times-getting ideas-reading writing
etc-I'm hungry now-I'm going to get a snack.

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Those cookies look and sound delicious! Can't believe there are no flour or butter. I'll give them a try!

Ruth said...

Looks like a fabulous recipe. Peanut butter and chocolate...my favourite foods.
Ruth

RuthieJ said...

Enjoy the cookies! They're a good recipe for summer also because the oven doesn't have to be on for too long.

Mary said...

Ruth, I can't count the times I had NO IDEA for a post. Larry is right - it's work but worthwhile, too. But you saved the day. Who wouldn't appreciate a cookie recipe?