Monday, May 7, 2007

Flowers & Rhubarb

Here are some pictures of the different flowering crabapple and apple trees in the yard. It was later in the evening, so they probably aren't as colorful as if I had taken the pics as soon as I got home from work. The wind has finally died down, so maybe we'll be able to enjoy these blossoms for a few more days.

Here are the 2 apple trees -- they're Fireside apples. Last year the branches were covered with little apples--around the size of plums--and we had a terrible thunderstorm with very strong winds and most of the little apples were blown off the tree. Look at all these blossoms.....maybe this will be a good apple year too.


Here are some of the crabapple trees.


Most of them are pretty pink.


But this one has really pretty fuschia-colored blossoms.


I got permission from my neighbor to pick some of his rhubarb. He never does anything with it and it just goes to seed every year. Today on the way home from my walk, I pulled a few stalks and made the first rhubarb cake of the season. There's vanilla ice cream in the freezer and as soon as I'm done posting this blog, that's going to be my bedtime snack. I'll probably have to take some of this to work to share since Rick really doesn't like rhubarb and I can't (shouldn't) eat the entire pan myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know someone who would LOVE to help you finish off that pan of rhubarb dessert!!

RuthieJ said...

I'm guessin' you don't mean Sophie?