Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

Today we celebrated Mother's Day by taking the Moms to a delicious brunch buffet at Tarsilla's Cafe on Main Street in Stewartville. We really like this little, local, family-run restaurant. We normally go there every Friday night because Rick likes their all-you-can-eat fish special. We missed this past Friday night because we were getting ready for the rummage sale, but we hate for a week to go by without a chance to go see these nice folks and have a delicious meal. It's nice to go to a place where the people know you and appreciate your business. And once again, we weren't disappointed.

There were 8 of us: Rick and me, Rick's mom, my brother Dave from St. Paul, Mom and Dad, and my Sissy with her youngest daughter, Kathy. We had a fun time, ate way too much food, and enjoyed looking at all the nice gifts and cards that were received. It was a short celebration.....we had to give up our table after an hour an half because the next group of reservations was due to arrive. I think the time was too short for the moms, but I still had to mow the lawn (since I was busy with rummage sale all day yesterday), and Brother Dave also had to get home for some overtime work with his job.

Here's the card I received from my cat Penny. This cat looks very large....if it was gray and white, it would look just like Penny!

In case you can't read it, it says, "Hail to thee, your Royal Momness." The dogs names are also printed real small at the bottom. On this card, Penny rules!


1 comment:

Mary said...

I'm late but I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!